Federal Gift Tax: If you give someone money or property during your lifetime, you may be subject to federal gift tax. Gifts above $14,000 (2016) are reportable to the IRS and will be deducted from your federal unified credit, which is $5.45 million in 2016.


For more information on this topic, contact us at http://geigerlawoffice.com/contact.cfm or call (760) 448-2220 to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced estate planning attorneys. Also, check out our estate and business planning books at http://geigerlawoffice.com/reports/.