Brenda Geiger is the Founder and CEO of Geiger Law Office, P.C., a Trusts & Estates law firm which began in 2007 in North County San Diego. The firm has helped over 3,000 families to protect themselves and their wealth through innovative estate and asset protection strategies. It is also host to an annual Trusts & Estates Symposium that provides leading edge education to allied professionals and the firm’s clients. Geiger Law Office, P.C. also sponsors a charity event to support the American Cancer Society each year in December.
While studying at the University of San Diego School of Law, Brenda was honored to be selected for the Oxford University International Comparative Law Program in Oxford England and was a member of the Entrepreneurship Clinic and San Diego International Law Journal.
Brenda is also a sought-after speaker, coach and attorney on a variety of business, estate and asset protection topics. She has been featured on KPBS, NBC, KFMB 760, ESPN 1700, Real Talk San Diego, North County Lawyer Magazine, Wealth Counsel Quarterly Magazine, and the San Diego International Law Journal.
On a more personal note, Brenda grew up in the midwest, married the love of her life Len, a former Marine Corps officer in 2004, and has a son and a daughter that she loves to spend time with. The Geiger’s love adventure, soccer and travel and look forward to many more years of it.
- University of San Diego School of Law (2004)
- University of San Diego School of Law Entrepreneurship Clinic (2003)
- San Diego International Law Journal, Comment Editor and Staff Writer (2001-2003)
- University of Oxford--Magdalen College, Oxford, England (2003)
- University of San Diego, Bachelor of Arts (1995)
- Geiger Law Office, P.C. (2007 to Present)
- Frank & Burke, Of Counsel Real Estate and Estate Planning Attorney
- Griswold Law Group, Of Counsel Estate Planning Attorney
- Innercool Therapies, Inc., Senior Law Clerk
- Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP, Trademark Paralegal
- Qualcomm, Inc., Patent Prosecution Paralegal
- Fish & Richardson, P.C., Patent Prosecution Practices Specialist
- Frantz, Mason & Hautaluoma, Civil Litigation Paralegal
Law Review Articles:
“Authorization to Kill Terrorist Leaders and Those Who Harbor Them: An International Analysis of Defensive Assassination”, San Diego International Law Journal, 4 San Diego Int’l L.J. 491, Spring 2003
“Asset Protecting Your Children’s Inheritance”, North County Lawyer Magazine (August 2012)
“How To Protect A Beneficiary From Losing The IRA They Inherit To Creditors, Predators and Divorcing Spouses”, North County Lawyer Magazine (April 2015)
“Marital Planning In The Joint Trust, Balancing Income Tax, Transfer Tax and Asset Protection Concerns”, Wealth Counsel Quarterly ( Volume 9/Number 3, Q3 2015)
Safeguarding the Nest, Third Edition (2013)
Protecting You and Your Business, a Practical Guide for California Business Owners (2013)
How to Avoid the Catastrophic Costs and Effects of a Long Term Care Financial Crisis (2013)
Secrets of Great Estate Planning, Second Edition (2014)
The Smart Family's Guide to Protecting an Aging Parent from a Long Term Care Financial Crisis in California (2015)
Protecting Your Children’s IRA Inheritance with a Retirement Protector Trust (2015)
Estate Planning Secrets Of The Affluent (2015), written with David M. Frees, III, J.D.
Safeguarding the Nest, Fourth Edition (2017)
Secrets of Great Estate Planning, Third Edition (2018)