We are looking to add the next full time rock star to our growing Estate and Business Planning legal team! The person we are looking for will take charge of managing and organizing our legal department work load, work directly with clients, supporting our attorneys and providing our clients with outstanding customer service at our Estate and Business Planning law firm in Carlsbad.
We are looking for a full-time candidate Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. No experience is necessary in estate and/or business planning but it would certainly be a bonus! We are happy to train the right candidate for the job.
You have to be exceptional with people, have a high attention to detail and stellar organizational skills. We have a very busy office and we need someone who is a grace under pressure. We are also a close team and it is critical that we have a good fit between our new team member and the existing team. We enjoy being together every day and that is very important to us as well.
The ideal candidate has awesome customer service skills, has some estate and/or business planning experience, willingness to obtain a public notary license (if you are already a current notary, that would definitely be a bonus!), presents a very professional appearance, understands the value of hard work, wants to work in an exciting environment, is smart, reliable, ambitious, and is great at multi-tasking and leading a team. And above all else is a rock star player on the team. If you think this describes you, we would love to hear from you. Tell us why you fit that bill and we should add you to our team.
We believe in individual responsibility, productivity, rewards for great work, and a positive attitude. If you are a wall flower or a Debbie Downer, do not apply. You won't be a good fit with our firm culture. We want someone that wants a career, to grow with a company, be challenged, wants to learn, and someone who will be around for the long haul.
More on the specifics of the position - here is what we need our new team member to help us with:
• Manage and track our caseload with docket reports in our firm management software (FileVine)
• Draft estate plan and business organizational document answer files in our software program
• Double check: (1) answer files; (2) populated document binders and (3) estate funding guides for clients
• Meet with clients for trust signing and trust funding meetings
• Occasional legal research
• Binder estate and business plan document binders
• Assist with client files that need attention, for example:
- follow-up regarding financial information (confirming accuracy ahead of time)
- follow-up regarding information needed to draft documents
- follow-up regarding scheduling or rescheduling of appointments
• Act as back-up assistant on trust administration cases and probate filings
• Oversee our Family Client Care Program™ and our Strategic Business Care Program™
• Back up the client intake department when there are vacations or there is an illness or lunch break as needed
• Assist attorneys as needed with other legal issues
• Coordinate, track and manage business entity filings with the Secretary of State and real estate deed filings at the County Recorder's Office once a week and track mailed deeds for recording to other counties as soon as they are executed
• Occasional phone back-up support when we are short-handed
Now, if you've read this far, I want to let you in on a little secret. There are some critical things that we need from our next new team member. We need a person with all of the following:
(1) The understanding that the prospective client, our existing clients and our referral sources are what keep us in business and are No. 1, so stellar customer service is a must;
(2) Good common sense
(3) Intelligence and professionalism;
(4) Strong organizational and management skills;
(5) An awesome attitude;
(6) A strong work ethic; and
(7) A very high attention to detail.
We may be a busy law firm, but for each client it's their only case, and we treat each client with high-end customer service (think the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons type service). This is a non-negotiable for our practice and we need someone with the same philosophy to join us.
We're looking for a team member to work regular business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and after business hours as needed, Monday- Friday as a full-time hourly employee. Pay will commensurate with experience with monthly bonuses available. There is a 3 month probationary period to make sure this is a good fit for us both. The bonus structure and benefits both begin after the 3 month probationary period.
Here's how you apply: you must follow these directions completely. If you do not follow the instructions, we will not respond to your application for the position.
The only way to respond is to send us an email to Lisa@Geigerlawoffice.com. No phone calls please. The email should contain a cover letter with the subject line: "I'm the Rock Star You are Looking for and Here is Why".
In the cover letter, tell us about your relevant experience if any in estate planning, business entity formation planning, sales or customer service, client relations, assisting clients over the phone, and/or anything else you believe makes you qualified for the position or makes you think that you are the one we are looking for.
We also want to know what your availability is for an interview over the phone (the first step in our process to find our perfect match). Please also attach a copy of your resume, salary history and let us know the best way to contact you.